Eggs poached in chicken broth and filetto di pomodoro with asparagus topped Pecorino Romano. This is perfect for lunch or dinner, use a spoon or bread to soak up all the yummy broth!
This Italian peasant dish was shared with me from my friend Julia of Julia's Healthy Italian. Passed down from her mom when she lived in Italy, it was popular because eggs for dinner is an inexpensive dish that is high in protein and feeds a whole family.
I found this wonderful, comforting, light and delicious and will certainly make it again!
Eggs in Purgatory
Servings: 3 • Size: 2 eggs + asparagus • Points +: 7 pts • Smart Points: 7
Calories: 269 • Fat: 13 g • Carb: 16.4 g • Fiber: 5 g • Protein: 20.5 g • Sugar: 0.5 g
Sodium: 590 mg • Cholest: 378.5 mg
- 6 large eggs
- 1 bunch (about 30 medium) asparagus, ends trimmed, chopped in half
- 1 1/2 cups homemade sauce
- olive oil spray
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Pecorino Romano