This aromatic mushroom shallot egg frittata is a gourmet breakfast that is low in points and is easy to make.
I almost missed my train this morning making this delicious frittata but it would have been worth it. The smell of the mushrooms and shallots coming out of my bag filled my train, oops if I made anyone hungry!
More Frittata Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Caramelized Onion, Zucchini and Red Pepper Frittata
- Asparagus and Swiss Cheese Frittata
- Tomato and Zucchini Frittata
- Turkey and Sweet Potato Frittata
- Bell Pepper and Potato Frittata
Mushroom Shallot Frittata
- 4 shallots, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3 eggs
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp fat free half and half, or milk
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Pecorino Romano
- 1 tbsp butter
- salt and fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in shallots and saute until golden, about 5 minutes. Add chopped mushroom, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, egg whites, parmesan, half and half, salt, and pepper.
- Add eggs to the skillet making sure eggs cover all the mushrooms. When the edges begin to set (about 2 minutes) move the skillet to oven.
- Cook about 15 minutes, or until frittata is completely cooked.
- Serve warm, cut into 4 equal wedges.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.