Other frittata recipes I love are Light Swiss Chard Frittata, Mushroom Shallot Frittata and Caramelized Onion, Zucchini and Red Pepper Frittata.
To make this low fat frittata I’ve replaced most of the eggs with egg whites. For convenience I usually buy Trader Joe’s cage free liquid egg whites, but you can use Egg Beaters or separate them yourself if you prefer. When buying parmesan cheese, I like to buy Parmigiano-Reggiano, it has a sharp, strong-flavored, nutty taste. Inferior versions of parmesan can have a bitter taste.
More Frittata Recipes You Might Enjoy:
- Asparagus and Swiss Cheese Frittata
- Tomato and Zucchini Frittata
- Turkey and Sweet Potato Frittata
- Bell Pepper and Potato Frittata
Spinach Feta Frittata
- 2 whole eggs
- 8 large egg whites
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 oz crumbled feta
- 2 tbsp Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Squeeze all water from spinach.
- In a 9 inch non-stick sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and scallions and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a medium bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add salt, pepper, cheeses and spinach and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the skillet and cook until the bottom sets, about 5 minutes.
- Hold a large plate over the pan and invert the frittata onto the plate, then slide it back into the pan.
- Cook about 5 minutes longer. Serve hot.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.