This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
A quick and easy salad, perfect for the warmer weather or if you’re looking for a different way to make broccoli.
This lemon vinaigrette makes any vegetable taste delicious. I love it over carrots, or even over arugula or a grilled chicken salad. You can add more lemon juice if you like a tangier taste.
Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad with Capers in Lemon Vinaigrette
A quick and easy salad, perfect for the warmer weather or if you're looking for a different way to make broccoli. This lemon vinaigrette makes any vegetable taste delicious.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 /6th
- 1 13 oz head broccoli
- 1 13 oz head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp capers
For the Vinaigrette:
- Juice from 1/2 lemon, 2 tbsp
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, shallot, salt and pepper.
- Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into bite size florets. Using a steamer, steam the vegetables for about 5 minutes. Remove the vegetables, rinse under cold water to stop them from cooking, drain and place in a large bowl.
- Toss with the vinaigrette and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 /6th, Calories: 97 kcal, Carbohydrates: 7.6 g, Protein: 3.2 g, Fat: 7 g, Sodium: 121.5 mg, Fiber: 3.5 g