This stuffed avocado and lump crab salad is light and fresh, made with lime juice, olive oil, cilantro and red onion. So quick because there is no cooking involved!
It’s refreshing and perfect for the Spring or Summer as a lunch or appetizer if you’re entertaining, you can easily double or triple this recipe, make the salad ahead and assemble just before serving.
Here in Long Island, I’m lucky to have access to fresh crab in my neighborhood seafood store that’s already been cooked and cleaned for me. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve gone crabbing and you can certainly catch them and cook them yourself, but it’s so much easier to buy it ready. If you don’t live near the coast, canned lump crab can be used instead.
How To Make Crab Stuffed Avocados
Avocado and Lump Crab Salad
- 1 medium Hass avocado, about 5 oz avocado
- 4 oz lump crab meat
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice, from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 leaves butter lettuce, optional
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, lime juice, cilantro, tomato, olive oil, 1/8 tsp salt and fresh pepper, to taste.
- Add crab meat and gently toss.
- Cut the avocado open, remove pit and peel the skin or spoon the avocado out.
- Season with remaining 1/8 tsp salt and fill the avocado halves equally with crab salad.
- This makes 2 servings, place on two plates with lettuce if you wish and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
72 comments on “Avocado and Lump Crab Salad”
I have to say I was amazed at how simple and delicious this recipe was. My husband and I were both skeptical about using our very expensive lump crab meat in anything but a crabcake but this was outstanding and much better than a crabcake!
I served it on shredded lettuce with a cut up avocado
It was very satisfying as a dinner with about 4 ounces of crab meat per person. Thank you for another great healthy recipe!
This recipe was so easy and delicious, I really enjoyed it! Thank you for sharing!
Super delicious!!! Easy to make. Added extra tomatoes and used as a summer dinner.
I just made this and it was delicious! Instead of stuffing the crab, I put it on a toasted piece of Udi’s Gluten Free Multi-grain bread and toasted it. Soooo delicious! In the future I will add a little jalapeno or red pepper flakes for heat. Definitely a winner!
This looks delish! Can’t wait to make it!!!