This stuffed avocado and lump crab salad is light and fresh, made with lime juice, olive oil, cilantro and red onion. So quick because there is no cooking involved!
It’s refreshing and perfect for the Spring or Summer as a lunch or appetizer if you’re entertaining, you can easily double or triple this recipe, make the salad ahead and assemble just before serving.
Here in Long Island, I’m lucky to have access to fresh crab in my neighborhood seafood store that’s already been cooked and cleaned for me. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve gone crabbing and you can certainly catch them and cook them yourself, but it’s so much easier to buy it ready. If you don’t live near the coast, canned lump crab can be used instead.
How To Make Crab Stuffed Avocados
Avocado and Lump Crab Salad
- 1 medium Hass avocado, about 5 oz avocado
- 4 oz lump crab meat
- 2 tbsp chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lime juice, from 1 lime
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 leaves butter lettuce, optional
- In a medium bowl, combine onion, lime juice, cilantro, tomato, olive oil, 1/8 tsp salt and fresh pepper, to taste.
- Add crab meat and gently toss.
- Cut the avocado open, remove pit and peel the skin or spoon the avocado out.
- Season with remaining 1/8 tsp salt and fill the avocado halves equally with crab salad.
- This makes 2 servings, place on two plates with lettuce if you wish and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.