Chicken with Leeks, Sun-Dried Tomatoes in White Wine Sauce
Thin sliced chicken cutlets sauteed in a white wine sauce with leeks and sun-dried tomatoes. Dinner in less than 20 minutes!
I love the mild onion flavor of leeks, I use them in soups, pasta dishes and chicken dishes. Paired with the robust flavor of the sweet sun-dried tomatoes, this dish is sure to please the palate!
Try to find sun-dried tomatoes that are not packed in oil. I look for the ones that are soft and ready to eat, but depending on the brand, some may need to soak in warm water if they are very hard. A little goes a long way!
I used rice flour for a gluten free dish and to test if it changed the taste from wheat flour and I thought it worked out well. If you are on a gluten-free diet, use rice flour; if not all purpose flour or whole wheat is fine.
Chicken with Leeks Sun-Dried Tomatoes in White Wine Sauce
- 1 or 2 leeks (3/4 cup) white part and light green only
- 16 oz (6) skinless chicken breast cutlets, sliced thin
- 2 tsp butter, divided
- 2 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour* (use rice flour if gluten free)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 oz ready-to-eat sun dried tomatoes (not in oil), sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup fat free low sodium chicken broth
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Cut off green tops of leek and remove outer tough leaves.
- Cut off root and cut leeks in half lengthwise.
- Fan out the leeks and rinse well under running water, leaving them intact.
- Slice leeks into 1/4-inch slices. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Lightly dredge in flour shaking off excess.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat; when hot add 1 tsp butter and 1 tsp olive oil.
- Add chicken to the skillet and cook on medium heat for about 3 – 4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Set aside in a warm oven.
- Add additional oil and butter to the skillet, then garlic and cook a few seconds; add leeks, salt and pepper.
- Sauté stirring occasionally until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add sun dried tomatoes, wine, chicken broth, parsley; stir the pan with a wooden spoon, breaking up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Cook 2 more minutes or until the liquid reduces almost by half.
- Top the chicken with the sun dried tomato/leeks mixture and serve.
*I only used 1 tbsp of flour and tossed the rest, so calculations were for 1 tbsp flour only.
Yield: 3 servings , Serving Size: 2 cutlets with sauce
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 4
- Points +: 7
- Calories: 259.2 calories
- Total Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 504mg
- Carbohydrates: 15.6g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 29.8g