Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark with Sea Salt is so easy to make, just 3 ingredients! It makes a great homemade holiday gift!
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark
If you’re in the mood to make some holiday treats, and baking is not your thing, this bark recipe is for you! I used Lily’s Dark Chocolate Baking Bar which has no sugar added, so it’s almost sugar free. They are so easy and pretty hard to mess up. Perfect if you’re craving chocolate without the extra sugar! It is so good – I had to hide it from my husband. : ) If peanut butter’s not your thing, you may also like this Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Bark.
You only need three ingredients for this bark recipe: Lily’s dark chocolate, creamy peanut butter, and coarse sea salt flakes like Maldon. It tastes just like a peanut butter cup! I’ve made them before with regular dark chocolate, but with all the sugar in chocolate a serving would be half of what I can make it with Lily’s chocolate, and it tasted great! I bought it on Amazon Whole Foods. I am not sure if it work with their other chocolate bars, but I can vouch for their baking bar.
How to Make Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Bark
- Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in the microwave and swirl them into a pretty pattern on a parchment-lined baking sheet. This is where the kids can help!
- Then refrigerate the bark until it is set up back into a solid.
- When the bark is hard, break it into pieces and eat or package it in cute tins or clear bags to give to friends and family. Gifting the candy is an easy and inexpensive way to spread a little holiday cheer.
Chocolate Bark Variations:
- Omit the peanut butter and top with chopped peanuts or your favorite nuts.
- Omit the peanut butter and top with dried fruit, chopped pretzels, mini m&ms, etc.
- Pour the melted mixture into mini muffin cups for individual portions.
More Holiday Dessert Recipes You’ll Love:
- Vanilla Snowman Cupcakes
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Skinny Cake Pops
- Rudolph The Red Velvet Cupcake
- Cranberry Bliss Bars
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Bark
- 8 ounces Lily's sugar free dark chocolate baking bar*, from two 4 ounce bars
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, I used Skippy
- a few pinches of coarse sea salt, such as Maldon
- Line a small 9 x 13-inch sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Chop the chocolate with a knife. Melt the chocolate in the microwave, stirring the chocolate every 30 seconds to help avoid seizing. Once melted and smooth, set aside. This took me about 1 1/2 minutes, but will vary with every microwave.
- Melt the peanut butter in the microwave in 20-second increments, stirring after each increment, until completely smooth, about 4o seconds.
- Pour chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet, spreading with a rubber spatula into a smooth layer.
- Drizzle melted peanut butter mixture in parallel lines on top of chocolate. Run a toothpick or knife through to form swirls.
- Top with a pinch or two of coarse sea salt.
- Allow the bark to set completely in the refrigerator, about 30 minutes.
- Once hardened, break into pieces as large or as small as you want.
- Keep bark stored in an airtight container refrigerated or in a in a cool, dry place for up to 1 week.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Photo credit: Jess Larson