Low Fat Chewy Granola Bars with Pecans Raisins and Chocolate
Moist and Chewy low fat granola bars loaded with chocolate chips, raisins and pecans in every bite. Perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
You’re probably wondering why I am posting so many baked recipes in this heat but I am having some work done to my house and it’s really hard to cook around here this week. I made these last week knowing things would be chaotic around here… you are going to love these!!!
I cut them in long bars like the granola bars you buy in the store, but it’s actually a lot easier to cut them in squares which is how I will make them in the future.
If you are a regular on my site, you might notice the similarities to my chewy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies! I used that recipe as a base and made some modifications to create this as a bar. I knew they would work out great and they disappeared quickly in my house as you can see by the photo, they almost left me nothing to photograph!
Try them with cranberries instead of raisins, you can replace the chocolate chips with mini m and m’s, leave the nuts out, add coconut, whatever you like!!
Low Fat Chewy Granola Bars with Pecans, Raisins and Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup oat flour* (or 1 cup oats finely ground in food processor or blender)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats*
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 9 x 9 baking pan with 2 long pieces of parchment paper, long enough to go up over the sides for easy removal.
- Lightly spray with oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, with a mixer cream together the butter and the sugar on medium speed.
- Add the egg followed by the honey, applesauce and vanilla extract.
- Working by hand, stir in the flour mixture and the oats until just combined and no streaks of flour remain; stir in the chocolate chips, raisins and nuts.
- Spoon oats onto prepared baking dish, flattening to make even.
- Bake for about 23-25 minutes, or until light brown at the edges. They will seem soft and undercooked, but once they cool they will set completely.
- Cool completely on a wire rack then refrigerate before cutting.
- This will help them hold together better.
- To cut use a long serrated bread knife and cut in a sawing motion.
*use gluten-free oats if you are on a gluten free diet
Yield: 16 servings, Serving Size: 1 square or bar
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 7
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 183.1 calories
- Total Fat: 7.8g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 162.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 29.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sugar: 17.4g
- Protein: 2.8g