Mediterranean Boneless Pork Chops with Summer Veggies
If you have a spiralizer, you can use that instead of a mandolin to cut the zucchini and squash. You can also use chicken cutlets in place of the pork.
Mediterranean Boneless Pork Chops with Julienned Vegetables
- 16 oz 8 thin sliced center cut boneless pork chops
- 3/4 tsp of McCormick Montreal Chicken Seasoning, 25% Less Sodium
- 1 small, 6 oz zucchini, ends trimmed off
- 1 small, 6 oz yellow squash, ends trimmed off
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup of pitted and sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup of crumbled Feta cheese
- fresh juice from 1/2 large lemon
- 1 tsp grated Lemon rind
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Season the pork chops with Montreal seasoning (or any seasoned salt you like).
- To Julienne the Zucchini and Yellow Squash: Use a mandolin fitted with a julienne blade, or slice the zucchini into 1/8-inch thick slices. Cut the slices lengthwise into 1/8-inch thick strips. (Or you can use a spiralizer)
- Toss the tomatoes with 1/2 tbsp of the olive oil, 1/8 tsp salt, pepper, and oregano. Place tomatoes, cut side up, on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with cooking spray; roast for 10 minutes.
- Add sliced garlic and roast for another 5 minutes (this will prevent the garlic from burning).
- Transfer to a large work bowl and set aside.
- Reduce oven to 200°F.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, add remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and zucchini with 1/8 tsp salt and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add to bowl with tomatoes and place in the warm oven.
- Working in two batches, spray the skillet with cooking spray and cook half of the the pork chops on medium-high heat for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on each side. The pork chops are thin so you don’t want to over cook them or they will be tough. Set aside on a platter.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven toss with Kalamata olives, juice of lemon and lemon rind.
- Serve the vegetables over the pork chops and top with Feta cheese.