Easy Red White and Blue Fruit Skewers with Cheesecake Yogurt Dip is the perfect no-bake dessert for the summer!
Red White and Blue Fruit Skewers
If you need a quick dessert that doesn’t require much work, it doesn’t get easier than this! These fresh strawberry, blueberry and angel food cake skewers are perfect for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day or any summer party.
I’m not sure what it is about putting fruit on sticks that makes them so appealing, but my youngest daughter’s eyes lit up when she couldn’t wait to eat them.
I wanted a healthy cheesecake flavored dip so I played around with yogurt, cream cheese, vanilla and sugar, and it was exactly was I was looking for. The strawberries tasted wonderful with this dip, it’s a keeper!
This will feed a large crowd, you can make the dip the night before, assemble it in the morning, and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- You can skip the skewers and just serve the fruit in a bowl with the dip.
- Use a pound cake or gluten-free cake instead.
Red White and Blue Fruit Skewers with Cheesecake Yogurt Dip
For the cheesecake dipping sauce:
- 4 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat free Greek or plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup raw sugar
For the skewers:
- 14 oz angel foods cake, cut about 1-inch cubes
- 72-84 medium strawberries, about 3.5 lbs stems removed
- 1 pint blueberries
- 24 to 28 skewers
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese with yogurt, vanilla and sugar. Mix well until sugar dissolves; set aside.
- Thread 3 strawberries and 2 cubes of cake onto each skewer, alternating between strawberries and cake.
- Finish each skewers with 3 blueberries.
- Place finished skewers on a platter and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.