This is good stuff! Creamy avocado dressing with a little zing from the jalapeño pepper.
Make a boring grilled chicken salad exciting, use it over greens, on a sandwich, and it even makes a great dip if you use a little less buttermilk! This keeps refrigerated a few days without turning brown. Low-carb, gluten-free, egg-free, vegetarian and delicious!
Zesty Avocado Cilantro Buttermilk Dressing
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 small jalapeno seeds removed, leave them in if you want it spicy
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 medium haas avocado
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp chopped scallion
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- For a thinner dressing add more buttermilk, for a thicker dip use less.