Layers of hard boiled eggs, bacon, blue cheese, tomatoes and avocado make up the classic Cobb Salad. This attractive salad would make a beautiful addition to your Easter table.
You can modify the ingredients to your liking, use turkey bacon, add cucumbers, carrots, whatever you like.
Gina’s Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8 • Time: 30 minutes • Points +: 4 pts • Smart Points: 4
Calories: 141.9 • Fat: 9.3 • Carbs: 5.2 • Fiber: 3.0 • Sugar: 0.6 • Protein: 11.0
Adapted from Simply Recipes
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 head of Boston lettuce (or Iceberg), coarsely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, separated, whites and yolks finely chopped
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ripe hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 oz chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese reduced fat
Arrange chopped lettuce on the bottom of a large platter.
Layer the chicken, bacon, tomato, egg and avocado in neat rows over the greens. Top with your favorite dressing, or try this tomato vinaigrette (extra).
Red Wine Tomato Vinaigrette
Servings: 8 • Size: 2 tbsp • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 1 pts
Calories: 50.8 • Fat: 5.1 • Carbs: 1.3 • Fiber: 0.2 • Sugar: 0.2 • Protein: 0.2
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
Chop tomato in food processor. Add crushed garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, water, dijon mustard, oregano, salt and pepper. Pulse a few times until smooth. Add chopped shallot and mix to blend. Set aside to allow the flavors to blend well.