This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Layers of hard boiled eggs, bacon, blue cheese, tomatoes and avocado make up the classic Cobb Salad. This attractive salad would make a beautiful addition to your Easter table.
You can modify the ingredients to your liking, use turkey bacon, add cucumbers, carrots, whatever you like.
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Size: 1 /8
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 head of Boston lettuce, or Iceberg, coarsely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, separated, whites and yolks finely chopped
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ripe hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 oz chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 2 to matoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese reduced fat
Red Wine Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
For the Red Wine Tomato Vinaigrette:
- Chop tomato in food processor.
- Add crushed garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, water, dijon mustard, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pulse a few times until smooth.
- Add chopped shallot and mix to blend.
- Set aside to allow the flavors to blend well.
For the Salad:
- Arrange chopped lettuce on the bottom of a large platter.
- Layer the chicken, bacon, tomato, egg and avocado in neat rows over the greens.
- Top with this tomato vinaigrette.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 /8, Calories: 172 kcal, Carbohydrates: 4 g, Protein: 11.1 g, Fat: 12.4 g, Saturated Fat: 3.1 g, Cholesterol: 69.7 mg, Sodium: 244.9 mg, Fiber: 2 g, Sugar: 1.4 g
20 comments on “Cobb Salad”
The pic shows no lettuce, but the recipe calls for it.
im just counting my calories not doing ww.. how many calories is this salad if i have for lunch 1 cup?
I am having a party this saturday and I want to make a healthy, low calorie meal… Which one do you suggest to make. I want one that I can easily make a large portion without spending a fortune.
Thank for the help
Old, I'll update now
Is this 3.5 point with the old plan or the new points plus plan?
I love having foodies here! Welcome!! Glad you like it!! 🙂
Awesome! Even the non-salad lovers ate this with vigour.
A note to Gina: This is the best website ever! I am just starting my 5th week at WW and as a foodie this site tickles my taste buds and inspires me. Thank you so very much for offering these incredible recipes to all of us in need.
Nice fresh salad idea, great as always!
Thanks for your stumble on my post! My visits were rising after that!
That is one nice looking salad!
As a side dish divided equally among 8 people, it’s 4 points. I made this for Easter dinner last week as a side dish for 10 and it was perfect, but if you have this for lunch, you probably get 4-5 servings. So for 4 people as a main course lunch it would be 7 points.
how the heck is this only 4 points? looks delish!
Serving size is 1/8th of it.
This looks so nice and light. Perfect for spring! Thanks for sharing it 🙂
Beautiful, I love this kind of salad!
Beautiful!!! Love this!!
Oh yeah, this is the addition I need for my next spring party 😀
Yum! You could even use turkey bacon to make it a bit lighter.
Very pretty salad and looks delicious.
LOVE your presentation, Gina! This is totally going on my Easter table (minus the meat, of course). Thanks!
Is this one serving?