Layers of hard boiled eggs, bacon, blue cheese, tomatoes and avocado make up the classic Cobb Salad. This attractive salad would make a beautiful addition to your Easter table.
You can modify the ingredients to your liking, use turkey bacon, add cucumbers, carrots, whatever you like.
Gina’s Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8 • Time: 30 minutes • Points +: 4 pts • Smart Points: 3
Calories: 141.9 • Fat: 9.3 • Carbs: 5.2 • Fiber: 3.0 • Sugar: 0.6 • Protein: 11.0
Adapted from Simply Recipes
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 head of Boston lettuce (or Iceberg), coarsely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, separated, whites and yolks finely chopped
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ripe hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 oz chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese reduced fat
Arrange chopped lettuce on the bottom of a large platter.
Servings: 8 • Size: 2 tbsp • Old Points: 1 pts • Points+: 1 pts
Calories: 50.8 • Fat: 5.1 • Carbs: 1.3 • Fiber: 0.2 • Sugar: 0.2 • Protein: 0.2
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
Chop tomato in food processor. Add crushed garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, water, dijon mustard, oregano, salt and pepper. Pulse a few times until smooth. Add chopped shallot and mix to blend. Set aside to allow the flavors to blend well.