Layers of hard boiled eggs, bacon, blue cheese, tomatoes and avocado make up the classic Cobb Salad. This attractive salad would make a beautiful addition to your Easter table.
You can modify the ingredients to your liking, use turkey bacon, add cucumbers, carrots, whatever you like.
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 head of Boston lettuce, or Iceberg, coarsely chopped
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, separated, whites and yolks finely chopped
- 5 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ripe hass avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 oz chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 2 to matoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese reduced fat
Red Wine Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1 medium ripe tomato
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
For the Red Wine Tomato Vinaigrette:
- Chop tomato in food processor.
- Add crushed garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, water, dijon mustard, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Pulse a few times until smooth.
- Add chopped shallot and mix to blend.
- Set aside to allow the flavors to blend well.
For the Salad:
- Arrange chopped lettuce on the bottom of a large platter.
- Layer the chicken, bacon, tomato, egg and avocado in neat rows over the greens.
- Top with this tomato vinaigrette.