Making hard boiled eggs in the air fryer is so quick and easy, no water needed! It’s the only way I cook eggs now!
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
Air fryer eggs replaced my stove top method on busy weekdays when I need to whip up quick hard boiled eggs. I make them for breakfast or lunch just about every day, perfect to meal prep to keep in your refrigerator! Since discovering this method, this is the only way I make “hard boiled” eggs now. No waiting for the water to boil, no need to stay near the kitchen, I just place the eggs in the air fryer and walk away. Use them to make deviled eggs, Egg Salad, or this Chickpea Egg Salad.
Easy Air Fryer Recipe
I’m sure when you think of air fryers you think of air fryer french fries, or egg rolls, or even chicken wings! And yes, I make all of those things in my air fryer (my favorite kitchen appliance), but it’s funny, these air fryer hard boiled eggs have become a part of my morning routine. This air fryer method is much easier than my traditional method, it’s the only way I “boil” eggs now to make perfect eggs that have become part of my weekly meal prep. I love that I don’t have to stand over them to make sure they don’t boil over on a stove. Don’t get me wrong, I still love making hard boiled eggs in my Instant Pot, especially because they peel so easy, but for saving time, the air fryer wins!
How To Make Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- I start with cold eggs right out of the fridge.
- Cook time: I have played around with different times, and found they come out perfect cooked 250F for 15 minutes, without pre-heating the air fryer with a slightly soft egg yolk. If you like a more solid yolk, set your timer for 17 minutes. Once they are ready, simply rinse them under cold water and peel.
- Rinse the cooked eggs with cold water right away before peeling or place them in an ice bath.
- Test with one egg on your first trial. All air fryers run different depending on the style and wattage. Play around with your air fryer and experiment to see what gives you the best results and let me know how it works out!
Hard-Boiled Eggs Recipes
The ways you can use hard boiled eggs are endless. They make the best snacks with just a little sea salt or everything bagel seasoning. You can make egg salad sandwiches, add them to a breakfast sandwich, mix them with tuna salad, or potato salad. Turn them into deviled eggs, or serve them on avocado toast, etc.
How To Store
I find it easier to peel the eggs right away. Once peeled you can refrigerate for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Do Air Fryers Cook Faster?
Yes! An air fryer is basically a counter-top convection oven with a heated coil (usually at the top) a mesh or metal basket, and a fan that circulates the heat around the foods at convection oven rates which creates an intense environment of heat that consequently cooks foods faster and more evenly.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Salmon
- Buttermilk Whole Chicken in the Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Shrimp
- Air Fryer Steak
Air Fryer Hard Boiled Eggs
- 4 large eggs
- Salt, black pepper, everything bagel seasoning, optional
- Place the eggs in the air fryer basket and cook 250F 15 minutes for a softer yolk, or 17 minutes for a firmer yolk (time may vary depending on the make and model of your air fryer).
- Run under cold water and peel right away.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Photo credit: Jess Larson