This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
I love all leafy greens and Swiss chard is no exception. The colors of this rainbow chard were so striking, I just could not pass it up in the farmer’s market. If you have always wondered how to prepare Swiss chard, it’s simple. Just sauté the stalks a little longer than the leaves and add garlic and oil. Makes a great side dish.
Rainbow Swiss Chard
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound rainbow Swiss chard, washed and thoroughly dried
- 2 clove garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a sauté pan.
- Smash the garlic clove with the side of a knife and add it to the pan.
- Add red pepper flakes if using, sauté the garlic lightly in the oil until it becomes golden.
- Chop the stems into small pieces and add to the oil.
- Mix and add a drop of water and cover.
- Cook about 4-5 minutes.
- Chop the leaves and add to the pan.
- Sauté until just wilted, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt and pepper.