Strawberry Cucumber Salad
This easy light summer salad, made with cucumbers, strawberries, almonds and fresh herbs is great alongside grilled chicken, fish or for a light lunch you can double the serving and add some goat cheese to the mix or serve it over quinoa for more protein.
I’m love using balsamic glaze over salads, it’s not just pretty it’s sweet and tangy and there’s no need for oil. Delallo makes the best one I’ve tried, but I’ve also seen the glaze at Trader Joes. If you don’t have it, you can certainly drizzle the salad with regular balsamic, although it won’t be as pretty.
- 1 1/3 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup slivered red onion
- 1 1/3 cup diced cucumber (about ½ large)
- 1 tsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- pinch kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
Combine strawberries, onions, cucumbers, mint, basil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Lightly drizzle with balsamic glaze and finish with slivered almonds.
Pin It To Save For Later!