Sweet ‘n Spicy Asian Glazed Grilled Drumsticks
Sweet ‘n Spicy Asian Glazed Grilled Drumsticks are finger licking good! An inexpensive, weeknight dish you’ll want to make all summer long. The longer they marinate the better they taste, so I marinate them at least day before I plan to cook them.
Then after work, light the grill (or broiler) and grill them until cooked through. Once cooked, brush them with a sweet ‘n spicy glaze – you won’t miss the skin! You can easily adjust the heat to suit your family’s taste. I leave the glaze off my toddler’s because she’s not a fan of sauces or spice, and she loves it.
You can use any part of the chicken you wish, but we love eating drumsticks in my house. There’s nothing like picking them up with your hands and getting a little messy – super family friendly and fairly inexpensive. And bonus, they take less than 30 minutes to cook. This would go great with any side, try it my Asian Mango Slaw recipe to keep an Asian theme or make a salad and top it with this Asian Ginger Carrot Dressing.
I am trying to get some practice doing more videos and I thought why not share this really great tip on how to skin a drumstick. The video is nothing fancy, no editing or music, I just filmed it with my phone. Some of you may already know this great tip, but for those of you who don’t, I think you’ll find this super helpful!
By the way, I found it tricky to calculate the drumsticks on the bone, there are so many variables so I cut one off the bone to weigh it, and found each meat of the drumstick weighed about 2 oz, without the skin and bone. These were calculated accordingly, but drumsticks vary in size, so keep that in mind.
Sweet 'n Spicy Asian Glazed Grilled Drumsticks
- 24 oz (8) skinless chicken drumsticks, with bone*
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp reduced soy sauce (Tamari for GF)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 3 tbsp sweet red chili sauce
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 – 2 tsp Sriracha (I used 2, use more if you like it hot)
- optional, chopped chives for garnish
- Season drumsticks with garlic salt and ground ginger.
- Place in a large ziplock bag or container and add the soy sauce, vinegar and 1 teaspoon sriracha and marinate overnight (the longer the better).
- Preheat the grill.
- In a small bowl, mix the chili sauce, honey and sriracha; set aside.
- Grill the drumsticks on a rack lightly coating with cooking spray over medium heat, turning every 5 minutes or so until the chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Brush the chili sauce mixture over the drumsticks on all sides and remove from the grill. Finish with chopped chives if desired and enjoy.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 2 drumsticks
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 7
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 255.5
- Total Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 131mg
- Sodium: 702mg
- Carbohydrates: 10.5g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 35g
*each drumstick was 2 oz raw, off the bone