This Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy, and satisfy my craving when I need something sweet.
I am SO excited to share this low fat Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe with all of you!! I didn’t think it possible to make a low-fat chocolate chip cookie that was soft and chewy in the center with just the right amount of crunch on the edges, and made with half whole wheat flour and only two tablespoons of butter in the entire batch!
Trust me, I’ve tried many recipes and the results were just ok, some were cake-y which I don’t particularly care for in a cookie, and sometimes too crispy. These cookies are chewy, soft, sweet perfection! I even gave them to a group of unsuspecting teenagers who had no idea they were skinny and they LOVED them. But I must warn you, it’s hard to stop at just one, so make sure you have the will power to stop at two cookies, or friends to share these with.
Best Low-fat Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 large egg white
- 2 tbsp apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line two cookie sheets with non-stick silicone baking mats (I highly recommend for best results) or lightly spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and stir to blend.
- In another bowl, whisk the sugars, butter, egg white, applesauce and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions until the batter is very well blended. If the batter looks more “crumbly” than smooth, add just a drop of water at a time (ONLY if needed) until it smooths out.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Drop by level spoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let them stand 5 minutes before removing the cookies from the pans to cool on wire racks.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.