These Chicken Marsala Meatballs are a fun twist in the classic dish! Great served over butternut squash or egg noodles.
Chicken Marsala Meatballs
I recently went to my local Italian specialty store and saw these behind the glass case, and knew I had to make them! Tommy’s not a fan of mushrooms so I wasn’t sure what he would think but he loved them! I sliced the mushrooms very thin which I highly recommend rather than buying them pre-sliced. They melt in you mouth!
I served mine over butternut squash noodles and regular noodles for the rest of the family. I attempted to make this in the Instant Pot, but they stuck too much to the bottom, so I baked them instead and finished them in a skillet – perfection!
How To Make Chicken Marsala Meatballs
A few more ways you can serve them:
- I bet this would make a great meatball sub with melted mozzarella and whole wheat Italian bread
- Roasted spaghetti squash makes a great low-carb noodle swap
- Serve them over mashed potatoes or cauliflower puree
More Meatball Recipes You May Enjoy:
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Salisbury Steak Meatballs
- Turkey Meatball Stroganoff Meatballs
- Beef and Broccoli Rabe Meatballs
- Italian Beef and Spinach Meatballs
Chicken Marsala Meatballs
- 8 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms divided
- 1 pound 93% lean ground chicken
- 1/3 cup whole wheat seasoned or gluten-free bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino cheese
- 1 large egg beaten
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 3 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/3 cup Marsala wine
- 3/4 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Finely chop half of the Cremini mushrooms and transfer to a medium bowl with the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, Pecorino, egg, 1 clove of the minced garlic, parsley, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Gently shape into 25 small meatballs, bake 15 to 18 minutes, until golden.
- In a small bowl whisk the flour with the Marsala wine and broth.
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add the butter, garlic and shallots and cook until soft and golden, about 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, season with 1/8 teaspoon salt and a pinch of black pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Return the meatballs to the pot, pour the Marsala wine mixture over the meatballs, cover and cook 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.