Chicken Cacciatore made in a the Instant Pot! The easy Italian sauce is hearty and chunky, loaded with chicken, tomatoes, peppers and onions ( sometimes I add mushrooms too!).
Chicken Cacciatore Recipe (Instant Pot)
Growing up, I was always happy when my Mom was making chicken cacciatore. We would eat it over pasta or noodles with lots of fresh grated cheese on top. It’s pure comfort food to me, and I always makes me think of Mom when I make it. This month I am trying to skip my carbs during the week (80/20) so I served this over spaghetti squash for me, and pasta for the family.
Although this works with any part of the chicken, I prefer to use lean skinless chicken thighs, on the bone. The chicken comes out so juicy and tender, and the bones add flavor to the sauce. Click here to see more Skinnytaste Instant Pot Recipes.
Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- 4 chicken thighs, with the bone, skin removed
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 can, 14 oz crushed tomatoes (Tuttorosso my favorite!)
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil or parsley for topping
- Season chicken with salt and pepper on both side.
- Press saute on the Instant Pot, lightly spray with oil and brown chicken on both sides a few minutes. Set aside.
- Spray with a little more oil and add onions and peppers. Sauté until soften and golden, 5 minutes.
- Pour tomatoes over the chicken and vegetables, add oregano, bay leaf, salt and pepper, give it a quick stir and cover.
- Cook high pressure 25 minutes; natural release.
- Remove bay leaf, garnish with parsley and serve over pasta, squasta or whatever you wish!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Thigh Recipes
- Dairy Free
- Dinner Ideas
- Egg Free Recipes
- Freezer Meals
- Gluten Free
- Instant Pot Recipes
- Italian Inspired Recipes
- Keto Recipes
- Kid Friendly
- Low Carb
- Pressure Cooker Recipes
- Sauces, Dips and Spreads
- Under 30 Minutes
- Weight Watchers – WW Recipes
- Whole30 Recipes