These Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins are so moist, and studded with blueberries in every bite! A cross between baked oatmeal and oatmeal muffins, if that was a thing!
Gluten-Free Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
I’ve been craving these blueberry oatmeal muffins, which I’ve made so many times before with wheat flour, but I wanted to create a gluten-free version so I could share them with my aunt. I thought it would be as simple as swapping out the flour for gluten-free flour, but after testing them out, they needed a little extra flour, so I figured I would share this as a new post. The nutritional info is also slightly different because of the extra flour. If you don’t need to make them gluten-free, I suggest you use this recipe for blueberry oatmeal muffins instead.
These are made light by swapping out some of the butter with apple sauce and using less sugar than most muffins would call for. You can swap the brown sugar for coconut sugar, and leftovers freeze and reheat well. A gluten-free, dairy-free version of my Insanely Good Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins.
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups quick gluten free oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tbsp coconut or canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- baking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a muffin tin with liners and lightly spray with oil.
- Place oats in a food processor or chopper and pulse a few times. Soak oats in milk for about 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine brown sugar, honey, apple sauce, vanilla, egg whites, oil and mix well.
- In a third bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda and whisk to combine.
- Combine oats and milk with sugar, applesauce mixture and mix well.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into the muffin tin and bake for 22-24 minutes. Enjoy!!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.