Gnocchi with Grilled Chicken in a creamy, light roasted red pepper sauce, baby spinach, and Pecorino Romano will make people think you’re a gourmet cook!
Gnocchi in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
This gnocchi recipe uses DeLallo’s Gnocchi Kit to make some of the easiest homemade gnocchi – just add water. The results are light and airy with that signature savory potato flavor. It’s seriously the best gnocchi next to ordering from your favorite restaurant or making it completely from scratch. For more delicious recipes that use DeLallo pasta, try Instant Pot Spaghetti and Turkey Meatballs and Spaghetti Carbonara.
DeLallo Potato & Cheese Italian Gnocchi Kit contains everything you need to make fresh potato gnocchi in minutes. Just add water to the ready-to-use mix to create tasty Italian-style potato and cheese gnocchi. I love to keep a few packages in my pantry to add to soups and pasta dishes. Here I added some grilled chicken and whipped up an easy homemade roasted red pepper sauce.
To make the roasted red pepper sauce, I used jarred roasted red peppers, simmered with shallots, garlic, Pecorino Romano, and a touch of cream. It just couldn’t be any easier! This sauce would also be great on any other pasta, grilled chicken, fish, or grain bowls. For another roasted red pepper recipe, try my Roasted Red Pepper Soup.
How do you make gnocchi from scratch?
Making gnocchi from scratch is easier than you might think! DeLallo’s Gnocchi Kit saves a ton of time since you don’t have to prep any potatoes.
1. Add water to the DeLallo mixture and stir with a fork.
2. Knead the dough until it’s no longer sticky.
3. Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and form into a loaf shape.
4. Cut the dough into 1-inch strips, roll out to make long ropes, and then cut in 1-inch pieces.
5. If you’d like, you can press the back of the fork into each piece to create gnocchi’s signature ridges.
6. Put the gnocchi in boiling water, cook for 3-5 minutes, and then drain.
- Swap the spinach for Swiss chard
- Sub shrimp or lobster for grilled chicken
More Pasta Dishes You’ll Love:
- Spaghetti Carbonara
- Orecchiette Pasta with Sausage and Broccoli
- Angel Hair Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes
- Pasta with Italian Chicken Sausage, Escarole and Beans
- Baby Pasta Shells with Asparagus and Marinara Sauce
Gnocchi with Grilled Chicken in Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 pound cooked grilled chicken breast, sliced thin
- 1 package DeLallo Potato Cheese Italian Gnocchi Kit
Roasted red pepper sauce:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 12 ounce jars roasted red peppers in water, drained
- 1/2 cup broth, veggie or chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup half and half cream
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano, plus more for serving
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Prepare gnocchi according to package directions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until soft. Transfer to a food processor or blender along with the roasted peppers and broth until smooth.
- Pour the pepper puree back into the skillet over medium heat. Bring to a boil, add the half and half, Pecorino, salt, and pepper, and stir until heated, add the spinach and cook until wilted, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large pot of salted water cook gnocchi according to package directions. Drain and add it to the skillet with the sauce and chicken. Add fresh basil and serve in bowls with extra cheese, if desired.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Recipe is sponsored by Delallo, thank you for supporting the brands I love.