For an easy weeknight chicken dinner, marinade boneless chicken breast in this easy, homemade lemon Dijon marinade and refrigerate overnight (or you can freeze them to use another day). Then throw them on the grill!
These easy chicken skewers are so juicy and flavorful, perfect with a big chopped salad, a Spriralized Cucumber Greek Salad or make a side of orzo or grilled veggies.
Lemon Dijon Marinade Ingredients
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Oregano
Grilled Lemon Dijon Chicken Skewers
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh oregano, or 2 tsp dry
- 1 tsp kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 16 oz skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 red onion, quartered and layers separated
- 4 lemon wedges for serving
- 4 metal skewers
- Combine garlic, oil, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Place chicken in a gallon sized bag and pour the marinade over them, refrigerate overnight.
- Thread the chicken and onion layers onto the skewers.
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Spray the grates lightly with oil and grill about 5 minutes on each side, or until the center is no longer pink.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges.