These mini peppers are grilled until slightly charred and filled with an herb cream cheese. A great appetizer to make for the summer!
The peppers only take about 2 minutes on each side to cook, and they smell incredible as they begin to char. You can make them ahead and keep them chilled until ready to serve.
The herb cream cheese is so flavorful, with all my favorite garden herbs. You can use any combination you wish. Here I used dill, chives and basil with a little lemon zest to brighten it.
Grilled Rainbow Peppers with Herb Cream Cheese
- 16 mini rainbow peppers, halved, seeds and membranes removed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- Preheat grill over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, place peppers, olive oil, pinch of salt and pepper in a small bowl. Toss to evenly coat. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, thoroughly combine cream cheese, garlic, dill, basil, 2 tablespoons chives, fresh ground pepper, pinch of salt and lemon zest.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a piping bag or small Ziploc bag and put in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Grill peppers over medium heat, until slightly charred, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a small platter.
- Snip the tip of the piping/Ziploc bag and carefully fill each pepper half with the cream cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining 1 tablespoon chives.