Watermelon “Pizza” with Feta and Balsamic
This savory Watermelon “Pizza” with Feta and Balsamic is delicious, refreshing and makes a fun summer salad or side dish with anything you’re grilling!
Watermelon and feta with olives and balsamic is one of my favorite summer salads. With only 5 ingredients, they are simple to make and would go great as a side to anything you’re grilling. Yesterday I made grilled salmon and served two wedges on the side, it was a perfect summer meal.
I seem to be on a Mediterranean kick this week without even realizing it. Maybe it’s the large hunk of Feta I have in my fridge, but you can really have fun with these. Next time I might add some arugula and slivered red onion on top, maybe even grilled shrimp to make this an appetizer.
This idea was inspired from a recipe I saw in the Superfood Snacks Cookbook. They made a Watermelon Pizza topped with more fruit, nut and goji berries which you can see pictured below.
You can top watermelon pizza with savory ingredients like I did here, or try a dessert pizza topped with yogurt with fresh fruit, berries, shredded coconut, etc.
How To Make Savory Watermelon Pizza
How To Cut Watermelon Pizza
To make this in a perfect pizza shape out of watermelon can be tricky. To simplify, I bought a round watermelon, cut it in half, then laid the flat part on the cutting board and sliced a 1-inch slice from each half. Then I cut them into pizza slices.
More Watermelon Recipes
- Grilled Shrimp Watermelon Chopped Salad
- Watermelon Feta Salad
- Watermelon Cucumber Salad
- Watermelon Jicama Cucumber Salad
- Ahi Tuna Watermelon Salad
Watermelon Feta and Balsamic "Pizzas"
- 1 watermelon slice, cut 1-inch thick from center of the widest part
- 1 oz crumbled Feta cheese
- 5 to 6 Kalamata Olives, sliced
- 1 tsp mint leaves
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic glaze
- Slice the widest part of a round watermelon in half. Lay the flat side down on a cutting board and cut a 1-inch thick slice from each half. Cut each half into 4 wedges.
- Place them on a round dish like a pizza and top with cheese, olives, balsamic glaze and mint leaves.