This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
There is nothing like fresh baked bread for breakfast. This low fat bread uses one of my favorite tropical fruits, the mango. The addition of coconut flakes gives this bread a tropical flair. I love this with a smear of mango butter!!
For those of you who have never baked bread before, this is very simple to make. The only appliance I used was a blender to purée the mango. The rest was mixed by hand.
Mango Nut Bread
Yield: 16 slices
Serving Size: 1 /2 inch slice
- 1 cup mango purée, about 2 ripe mangos
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup unbleached whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp melted butter or margarine
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Puree mango in a blender until smooth.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add nuts and coconut and mix to combine.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs, melted butter and puréed mango.
- Add to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Pour batter into a large 9x5 inch loaf pan and bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove loaf from pan and let it cool before slicing.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 /2 inch slice, Calories: 125.1 kcal, Carbohydrates: 21 g, Protein: 2.6 g, Fat: 3.9 g, Fiber: 1.6 g