A great achievement! I made banana fritters that aren’t deep fried and loaded with fat! I love banana fritters, but they are not exactly light when you order them. I was able to create a low fat fritter by mashing ripe bananas and making a batter, then pan frying them with a little buttered flavored spray. Almost like a pancake with less flour. A little tricky to cook at first, but I found using low heat worked great. I served them with a small scoop (half cup) of Breyers Smooth and Dreamy Ice Cream, only a half point and delicious!
Low Fat Banana Fritters
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- buttered flavored Pam
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon plus more to sprinkle on top
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- Mash the bananas.
- Add sugar, eggs, flour and vanilla.
- In a large skillet, heat on low flame.
- When hot, spray with Pam and using a tablespoon, pour 1 tablespoon of batter for each fritter.
- When cooked on one side (1-2 minutes) flip over and cook the other side.
- Set aside in a dish and keep warm in the oven as you repeat with the rest of the batter.
- When ready to serve, put 4 on a plate and top with a little powdered sugar and cinnamon.
- Serve with low fat ice cream.