Sticking with my philosophy of eating smaller portions, I love to make desserts in shot glasses like these Maple Pecan Cheesecake Shooters!
Maple Pecan Cheesecake
So good and easy, made with fresh pecans and pure maple syrup, the perfect amount to satisfy your sweet tooth! Some other favorite mini dessert recipes are these Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters, Berry Tartlets and these Mini Pecan Pie Tarts.
If you’ve ever been to Seasons 52, I love how they bring out all the mini desserts in small shot glasses after you meal! They are all so good, and because the portions are small I always get one. You can use small shot glasses, or buy a set of dessert shooters like this one (affil link) with small spoons.
When I was testing these maple pecan cheesecake shooters, Karina my oldest was home, and she loved them and said they tasted decadent and not light. I agree! I used real heavy cream to make the whipped cream, then I folded in some fat free Greek yogurt to keep the calories down. The pure maple syrup on top makes these dessert shooters so delicious, this would be perfect for the holidays!
How To Make Cheesecake Dessert Shooters:
Maple Pecan Cheesecake Shooters
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 24 pecan halves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 8 oz package 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine maple and pecans in a medium bowl.
- With an electric mixer, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in yogurt and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla until smooth. Gently fold in the whipped cream until combined.
- Put the cream cheese mixture into a piping bag or large ziplock bag with the end cut off.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of the chopped pecans in the bottom of each small shot glass, pipe in the cream cheese mixture and top each with 3 maple pecan halves. Serve right away.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Photo credit: Jess Larson