An open faced omelet, paper thin piled high with just about anything you like, it’s my new favorite breakfast. Lately, my go-to is this amazing combination of roasted tomatoes with spinach and feta cheese.
Roasting grape tomatoes in the oven with a drizzle of oil, salt and pepper and some fresh herbs (can you believe my herbs are still alive in my garden!) become sweet like candy. The salty feta crumbled on top is the perfect compliment, and really packs so much flavor – a little goes a long way.
Athenos reached out to me and asked me to share a recipe using their Feta cheese, seeing I love Feta and share tons of recipes with their cheese. Easy – I knew this was the recipe I was going to make! Sometimes I use arugula instead of spinach, you can really use any greens you like. I prefer to buy the chunk and crumble it myself because I think it tastes better and the texture is moist and perfect.
These omelets are pretty quick to make, but if you need something quicker, you can skip roasting the tomatoes and leave them uncooked, which tastes great for a 5-minute breakfast.
What would you top your omelet with? I’m always open to more ideas!
Open-Faced Omelet with Feta, Roasted Tomatoes, and Spinach
For the roasted tomatoes:
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- pinch kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- sprig fresh thyme or oregano
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place the tomatoes on a small baking sheet and drizzle with oil, salt pepper and fresh herbs.
- Roast about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat the eggs in a medium bowl with a little water, salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat.
- Spray with oil and pour half of the eggs.
- Cook until they set, about 2 to 3 minutes then slide onto the plate.
- Repeat with the remaining spray and eggs.
- To serve place eggs on two plates, top with spinach, tomatoes, feta, salt and pepper.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Sponsored by ATHENOS Feta