This Orange Moscow Mule Mocktail is delicious, perfect if you want a grown up adult cocktail without the alcohol.
Orange Moscow Mule Mocktail
A Moscow mule is a cocktail traditionally made with vodka, spicy ginger beer served in a copper mug, which takes on the cold temperature of the liquid. It’s delicious and easy to make into a mocktail since you don’t really taste the vodka. Here I used Cara Cara oranges from California in place of lime, because they are in season and so delicious!! They turned out wonderful – I’ve been drinking them all month!
Anyone doing a dry challenge? I love my cocktails but I also love to take a break from time to time. It can be tough to find non alcoholic cocktails that have complex flavors and feel grown up. Which is why I love these Orange Moscow Mules, the spicy ginger beer adds that zing you normally get, and since vodka is flavorless you really don’t miss it. The best part, no hangover the next day!
And if you’re like me and often forget to get your serving of fruit in each day, this mocktail is perfect as a single Cara Cara orange provides 100% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C.
Cara Cara Oranges from California
Cara Cara oranges offer an exceptionally sweet flavor and a delightful tropical aroma. While they look like classic Navel oranges from the outside, they are slightly less acidic and their seedless interior is a rich pink hue due to the natural presence of the antioxidant, lycopene. Not only are California-grown Cara Cara oranges a delectably sweet addition to any recipe, they also add a gorgeous pop of rich pink color when segmented into a salad or are freshly squeezed into a cocktail. This outstanding orange is in season December through May.
What to look for when buying and storing oranges
- When shopping for Cara Cara oranges, or any citrus for that matter, choose fruit that smells fresh and feels heavy for its size. That’s a sure sign it’s going to be juicy!
- Leftover or cut oranges should be refrigerated within 2 hours.
- Keep your citrus fresh longer—up to three weeks–by storing it in the refrigerator at a temperature below 42 degrees.
Why I like to go dry for a month?
- I don’t want the empty calories.
- I sleep so much better.
- No hangover the next day, which means more energy to exercise.
- Save money
That being said, if you want to have a cocktail I won’t judge! You can add 1 to 2 ounces of vodka to this drink. I will be sharing more mocktail recipes here. If you have requests please let me know in the comments! Check out these Spicy Zero Proof Palomas I shared last week.
More Mocktail Recipes You Will Love
Orange Moscow Mule Mocktail
- 1 Cara Cara orange, juice of
- 1 cup ice
- 6.8 oz bottle light ginger beer, I love Fever Tree Refreshingly Light
- fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Slice the orange in quarters, then cut 2 to 3 slices for garnish and set aside. Juice the rest of the orange and place it in a copper mug (or any glass). Fill the glass with ice to the top. Add the ginger beer and garnish with orange slices and mint leaves.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by California Oranges. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Skinnytaste possible. All thoughts are my own. Photo credit: Erin Alvarez