Eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic and onion sauteed with fresh herbs. Perfect way to use up your summer garden vegetables.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 3-4 small zucchini squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- olive oil spray, I used my Misto
- In a 4-quart dutch oven or saucepan, spray a pan with cooking spray.
- Cook the onion and the garlic on low heat until soft, 5-6 minutes, do not let garlic burn.
- Add eggplant, peppers and tomatoes, bring to simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add zucchini, simmer for 10 more minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the herbs, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle on the bread crumbs and cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve.