This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic and onion sauteed with fresh herbs. Perfect way to use up your summer garden vegetables.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 3-4 small zucchini squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs
- olive oil spray, I used my Misto
- In a 4-quart dutch oven or saucepan, spray a pan with cooking spray.
- Cook the onion and the garlic on low heat until soft, 5-6 minutes, do not let garlic burn.
- Add eggplant, peppers and tomatoes, bring to simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Add zucchini, simmer for 10 more minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Stir in the herbs, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle on the bread crumbs and cook another 5 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and serve.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 1/4 cup, Calories: 103.6 kcal, Carbohydrates: 23.2 g, Protein: 3.8 g, Fat: 1.1 g, Sodium: 96.4 mg, Fiber: 5.4 g, Sugar: 3.1 g