Mixed Baby Greens and Arugula with Blackberries and Pecans
This is an elegant salad full of antioxidants, fiber and vitamin E and C. Baby greens and arugula tossed with pecans and berries is a nice light salad to complement a meal. This salad relies on different textures rather than fat for flavor. Sweet, crunchy pecans, peppery arugula, and juicy berries all complimented with a light vinaigrette.
Mixed Baby Greens with Blackberries, Pecans and Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1 large bunch mixed baby greens
- 1 medium bunch arugula
- 1 package blackberries
- 30 pecan halves
For the vinaigrette:
- 2 tbsp Champagne vinegar
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp basil
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- For the dressing, place vinegar in a non reactive mixing bowl with basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the olive oil in a slow stream, whisking until the oil is emulsified.
- Toss the washed mixed greens with the vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with blackberries and pecans and serve.
Yield: 8 servings, Serving Size: 1/8
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 4
- Points +: 4
- Calories: 155.6 calories
- Total Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 14.8mg
- Carbohydrates: 6.9g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sugar: 2.8g
- Protein: 2.1g