Skillet Harissa Turkey Meatloaf is a dinner game changer. Making meatloaf in the skillet is perfect for busy weeknights because it’s ready in less than 30 minutes!
I took my basic turkey meatloaf recipe, and swapped the ketchup for jarred Mina Harrisa (or you can use homemade). I also added shredded zucchini to the mix and made them in the skillet. The results were juicy, quick, delicious round meatloaves with a little kick! I served it with a simple chopped cucumber and tomato salad which I tossed with a little olive oil, fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper.
If you prefer to make this in the oven as a large loaf, you can! Bake it at 350°F for 1 hour.
Skillet Harissa Turkey Meatloaf
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini all moisture squeezed dry with paper towel
- 2 tbsp onion minced
- 2 tbsp diced red pepper
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs use plain for dairy free
- 1/4 cup Harissa such as Mina
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1.3 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tbsp Harissa Sauce for topping
- 1 1/2 tbsp ketchup
- In a large bowl, mix the zucchini, onion, garlic, red pepper, breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup Harissa, egg, paprika and salt.
- Add the turkey and combine until mixed through.
- Form the meat into 5 round patties.
- Combine the remaining 1 1/2 tbsp Harissa with the ketchup in a small bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Spray with oil and cook covered until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes per side, reducing the heat if they start to get too browned.
- Brush the Harissa-ketchup mixture on top during the last few minutes of cooking.