This quick and easy Spicy Thai Beef and Jasmine Rice is made with ground beef and lots of veggies. A fun ground beef recipe if you’re looking to spice things up!
I love a good rice dish, and I love spicy beef so this recipe sounded like something I would enjoy. I just received my order from the Asian Food Grocer and was excited with all my Asian ingredients and my lovely chopsticks. One of the items I purchased was Jasmine rice. I modified the recipe, which was on the back of the rice package by tweaking the seasoning, adding more vegetables and using lean beef.
Spicy Thai Beef and Jasmine Rice
- 3/4 lb 95% lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, minced
- 6 medium scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into thin rounds and halved
- 1 1/2 cups riced cauliflower, fresh or frozen
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup Jasmine Rice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp Asian fish sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Heat a heavy medium pot over high heat. Add beef and saute until browned.
- Add onion, scallions, garlic, crushed red pepper and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Saute another 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, cauliflower, red pepper, rice, 2 cups water, fish sauce and remaining soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat, until the water is just skimming the top of the rice, about 10 to 15 minutes. Then cover and reduce heat to low, cook covered 15 minute, remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes without opening the lid. Fluff with a fork and add cilantro .