These EASY Spinach Lasagna Roll ups are totally delicious, perfect for entertaining or serving for weeknight meals.
Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups
Individual vegetarian lasagnas filled with spinach and cheese are family-friendly, satisfying and perfect for portion control. It’s also a great way to get your kids to eat spinach and no one will miss the meat!
I personally find one to be filling enough for me, served with a crisp green house salad on the side (the House Salad with Love from my first cookbook is my go-to!). My husband can easily eat two or three, so be sure to make enough!
Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups Video
How to freeze lasagna rolls:
These are also freezer-friendly and easy to make ahead for the week for batch cooking. You can freeze them individually or casserole style. A great dish to bring to new Moms!
- Individually frozen – Follow the assembly directions but instead of preparing it in a 9×13 pan, skip to assembling the rolls and then flash freeze them on a cookie sheet. Once they are mostly frozen (30 minutes to 1 hour), place them gently in a freezer bag and freeze. To serve: Place 1 cup of tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 pan (or adjust if making a smaller portion), place frozen lasagna rolls in the dish. Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Put foil over baking dish and bake at 350F for 60 minutes (1.5x the originally listed bake time), or until cheese melts.
- Casserole-style freezing – Follow the assembly directions completely but do not preheat the oven. Once covered with foil, instead of baking the dish, place it in the freezer to freeze. To serve: Thaw in the refrigerator for 36-48 hours before serving, and follow the baking directions exactly. OR leave frozen and bake dish for 60 minutes (1.5x the originally listed bake time), or until cheese melts.
You may also like:
- Three Cheese Zucchini Lasagna Rolls
- Butternut Squash and Spinach Lasagna Rolls
- Mushroom Kale Lasagna Rolls
- Noodle-less Zucchini Rollatini
- Noodle-less Zucchini Lasagna
Spinach Lasagna Rolls
- 2 cups homemade marinara sauce, plus more for serving
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles, wheat or gluten-free
- 10 oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed well
- 15 oz part skim ricotta cheese, I like Polly-o
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- 9 tbsp about 3 oz part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.
- Cook noodles according to package directions, then drain.
- Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper in a medium bowl and mix.
- Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Ladle remaining sauce over the noodles and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.
- To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Photo credit: Laura A Beautiful Plate