Mushroom Kale Lasagna Rolls
Lasagna rolls are delicious and make perfectly portioned meals. I usually fill them with spinach in my popular spinach lasagna rolls but have been thinking of trying them with kale for a while. I can’t think of a better way to eat kale! These were wonderful, everyone in my home loved them and I will certainly be making them again. Try them for meatless Mondays!
Sorry I haven’t posted much this week. Hurricane Sandy did so much damage here on Long Island, and we are still without power. Many of my friends and neighbors lost their homes and cars, so I am grateful for the temporary inconvenience, I know it could have been a lot worse. It may be a while before we get our power back, but luckily I have a small generator which gives us just enough power to keep our refrigerators on, and limited access to some internet and television.
There is certainly no short supply of food in my house, thank God so we’ve been cooking up a storm! It’s also the only way to keep the house warm as the temperature has been dropping and keep my sanity. If you make these, I would love to know how you enjoyed them!
Mushroom Kale Lasagna Rolls
- 10 (9 oz dry) lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce
- 5 cups kale, stems removed, chopped fine
- 8 oz mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 15 oz part skim ricotta cheese (I like Polly-o)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, whisked
- salt and fresh pepper
- 3 oz (10 tbsp) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.
- Place kale in a food processor and pulse a few times until chopped.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until golden, about a minute.
- Add kale, salt and pepper and sauté about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to the pan, cook until soft, an additional 5-6 minutes.
- Adjust salt and pepper.
- Combine cooked kale, mushrooms, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out cooked lasagna noodles.
- Make sure noodles are dry.
- Take 1/3 cup of mushroom kale mixture and spread evenly over noodle.
- Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Ladle 1 cup of sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese.
- Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Makes 10 rolls. Serve with extra sauce on the side.
Yield: 10 servings , Serving Size: 1 roll
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 7
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 258.5 calories
- Total Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: 208mg
- Carbohydrates: 30.5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 11.5g