This easy 5-ingredient Sweet Potato Latkes recipe is a healthier take on the traditional deep fried potato pancakes. Such a tasty sweet potato recipe!
Spiralized Sweet Potato Latkes Recipe
These latkes are lightly pan fried in a small amount of olive oil, made with sweet potatoes instead of white and made EASY by using a spiralizer because it eliminates the need to grate the potatoes, which can take a lot of time. With the spiralizer, it only takes minutes. Of course, if you don’t have a spiralizer you can grate them with a box grater instead.
The ingredients are simple: sweet potatoes, scallions, garlic and egg. I knew I wanted to lightly saute them in a pan with just a trace amount of oil and tried to see if they would hold without using flour and they worked out perfect, so they are kosher, gluten-free, whole30 and paleo-friendly. You’ll want to make them and eat them right away, they are best when they are hot. These go perfect with Braised Brisket – enjoy!
Spiralized Sweet Potato Latkes
- Cut the sweet potato in half so it fits easily into the spiralizer.
- Spiralize with the smaller noodle blade of the spiralizer. Cut into smaller pieces, about 5 inches long.
- Mix together the sweet potatoes, scallions, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well to combine.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. When hot add 1 teaspoon of oil and swirl around the pan.
- Using a fork, grab some of the sweet potato mixture (roughly 1/3 cup), and gently place it in the skillet lightly pressing down with the fork. You can fit 4 on the skillet.
- Cook until golden on the bottom, about 3 minutes then flip with a spatula. Use the spatula to press them down to flatten and cook until golden, about 3 more minutes.