Stir Fried Pork and Mixed Veggies
Stir-fries are perfect for busy weeknights because they take under 15 minutes to prepare, and you can us any protein or vegetables you wish!
I chose to use lots of colorful veggies and lean pork, but you can also make this with chicken, beef, shrimp or even tofu if you wish. The stir fry sauce has a slight kick from the sriracha which I love, but if you’re not a fan of spicy food, leave it out (or add more if you like it HOT!)
I ate a big bowl of this and felt completely satisfied, but if you want to serve this with brown rice, perfect! I am loving Trader Joe’s frozen brown rice, it’s so good and such a great time saver! If you want to keep it low carb you could make my favorite Cauliflower “Fried Rice” on the side.
Stir Fried Pork and Veggies
- 4 (4 oz) boneless pork chops, sliced into 2-inch thin strips
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce or GF soy sauce
For the sauce:
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce or GF soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
For the stir fry:
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 4 oz snow peas
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- Place the pork in a bowl and toss with corn starch and 1 1/2 tbsp of the soy sauce. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining soy sauce, lime juice, honey, sesame oil, vinegar and sriracha, mix well and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick wok or saute pan on high heat, add 1 teaspoon of oil and pork and cook 6 to 7 minutes until browned, turning as it cooks. Set aside on a dish.
- Add the remaining oil, ginger, garlic, snow peas, mushroom and bell pepper; stir and pour the sauce over the vegetables. Cook on low heat 2 minutes.
- Return the pork to the wok, stir and serve topped with scallions in 4 dishes.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 5
- Points +: 6
- Calories: 233 calories
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 75mg
- Sodium: 509mg
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 28g