Mustard Herb Crusted Chicken Breasts
A quick and easy weeknight chicken dish that I served with a simple green salad on the side. This would also be great with roasted parmesan green beans or roasted broccoli with smashed garlic on the side.
Mustard & Herb Crusted Chicken Breasts
- 2 (16 oz total) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs (I used thyme, oregano and basil)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 tbsp good quality Dijon mustard (I like Maille Dijon Originale)
- 1 cup whole wheat panko
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- minced parsley for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut each breast in half lengthwise to create 2 cutlets.
- Place chicken breasts in between a sheet of plastic wrap and lightly pound chicken to even thickness (I like to do this to ensure the breast cooks evenly but it’s not absolutely necessary).
- Season both sides of each breast with salt and pepper.
- Mix herbs, garlic and mustard in a bowl.
- Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese on a plate.
- Lightly brush each breast in the mustard-herb mixture, wiping off excess, then dredge each breast in the bread crumb-cheese mixture.
- Heat a large sauté pan over med-high heat.
- Once pan is hot, add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place 2 chicken breasts in the pan and brown each side, carefully flipping with a spatula, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Place breasts on a parchment lined sheet pan, repeat with remaining oil and chicken, then bake in oven for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 piece
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 6
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 220 calories
- Total Fat: 8.5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Sodium: 408mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 0g
- Protein: 27.5g