Hi, I’m Gina Homolka, author, photographer and recipe developer of Skinnytaste.com which features delicious, healthy, low fat, family-friendly recipes several times per week and Skinny Bits, where I answer cooking questions, health tips, reviews and giveaways.
What originally began in 2008 as an idea to marry my two passions, great food and beautiful photography, Skinnytaste was born and has developed into a highly rewarding labor of love reaching over 3 million unique visitors monthly.
At Skinnytaste.com, you’ll find healthy dishes that don’t sacrifice any of the flavor that can be found in their full-fat origins. My creations must be both “skinny” and “tasty” because after all, this is the same food I cook on a daily basis for friends and family, and they are some of my toughest critics!
Raised on Long Island, I’m a busy mom of two girls, and I currently reside in Oceanside, NY with my husband and children.
My food philosophy is to eat seasonal, clean, whole foods and maintain good portion control. When you cook your own meals, you know you can feel good about what is going into your body. Let me help you navigate your way around the kitchen and teach you how to prepare delicious, light, fresh meals your whole family will love (and they won’t even realize it’s good for them!)
Exercise + a well balanced diet + good sleep = a happy life.
I’m also a huge advocate of Weight Watchers because of their “everything in moderation” approach.
Skinnytaste has been featured on:
- The Food Network Healthy Eats (2014)
- Dr Oz Show: Healthiest Pinterest Winner (2014)
- Better Homes and Gardens Blogger of The Month (Jan 2014)
- Reader’s Digest: Healthy Apps You’ll Want To Eat (2013)
- Disney Baby: The Cutest Nutritious Halloween Treats (2013)
- Huffington Post Living 35 Diet and Nutrition Experts to Follow (2012)
- Parenting Magazine – Our Favorite Halloween Recipes From Pinterest (2012)
- Babble’s Top 100 Mom Food Blogs (2012)
- The Bump – Easy Fall Recipes From Skinnytaste (2012)
- Fitness Magazine – Featured Fitterati (2012)
- Fitness Magazine Best Healthy Eating Blog Winner (2012)
- The Daily Meal Top 25 Food Blogs 2012
- As well as: Runner’s World, Oprah.com, Glamour.com, Gourmet Live, The Kitchn, Finecooking.com, Fitness Magazine, More Magazine, Country Living, and was the winner of the SHAPE Magazine Best Healthy Eating Blogs 2011, The Homies: Best Home Cooking Blog for 2011 .
When I have nutrition and weight loss questions, I turn to Heather K. Jones and have teamed up with her to help answer nutritional questions. We are currently working on my first cookbook, which will be out the Fall of 2014. All my recipes here on Skinnytaste include nutritional info as well as Weight Watchers Points.