Creamy Cilantro Tomatillo Dressing
This seriously addicting light dressing is the perfect topping on any salad or even great as a dip. Not a fan of cilantro? No worries, this dressing has so much flavor without, leave it out and add some fresh parsley instead.
The base of this recipe is a homemade ranch, with light buttermilk, Greek yogurt, low fat mayonnaise. Cilantro, lime, jalapeños, tomatillos scallions and spices give this dressing a Mexican flair, perfect served over cilantro lime rice, black beans and sweet slow cooked pork barbacoa to create your very own homemade Cafe Rio salad! Also fabulous over shrimp or chicken!
Servings: 7 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Points +: 1 pt • Smart Points: 1
Calories: 43.3 • Fat: 2.4 g • Protein: 2.1 g • Carb: 3.7 g • Fiber: 0.3 g
- 1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed, leave them in if you want it spicy
- 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 tomatillo, husks removed, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 scallion
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
Combine all ingredients in a blender.
Makes 1-3/4 cup.