Smoky BBQ Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
Spicy BBQ Spiced Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 ½ cup unshelled, raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 4 to 5 squirts olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- Remove the seeds from the pumpkin and separate them from the stringy pulp and rinse the seeds in a colander under cold water.
- Shake off any excess water, spread the seeds on a baking sheet and roast for about 10 minutes or until seeds are dry, tossing halfway through.
- In another small bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, mustard, smoked paprika, cayenne, salt and brown sugar.
- Place the seeds in a medium bowl and lightly spray with oil.
- Add 3/4 of the spice mixture and toss to evenly coat.
- Evenly spread the seeds on a sheet pan covered with parchment and roast for 20 to 30 minutes or until brown and crunchy, tossing half way through.
- Immediately spray more olive oil over the seeds and toss with the remaining spice mixture.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 2
- Points +: 2
- Calories: 81
- Total Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- Sodium: 97mg
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Protein: 3g