The viral chia seed cereal, only with a scoop of protein! Makes a great high protein breakfast or snack, just 4 ingredients, 15 minutes!
15-Minute Protein Chia Seed Cereal
Thanks to Kim Kardashian, the viral chia seed cereal has been all over the internet. It’s very similar to chia pudding, only not as thick, and you don’t have to wait overnight for the seeds to plump up. I love chia pudding, like my Mango Coconut Chia Pudding, so I knew I would love this chia cereal. I add protein powder to keep me fuller longer, and it’s was perfect. I’m hooked, I’ve been making it all week! If you want to see how to make chia cereal, watch my video here.
Top off this healthy chia seed cereal with fresh berries, which really hits the spot. I love that it’s not just high protein but also high in fiber, omega-3s, and more! Plus, it’s easy to make with only four ingredients.
Are chia seeds high in protein?
Yes, chia seeds are a good source of protein, with two tablespoons containing four grams. When you add a scoop of protein powder, this chia seed cereal clocks in at 29 grams of protein for one serving.
Can I mix protein powder with chia seeds?
Yes, protein powder mixes well with chia seed cereal. I used one scoop of vanilla protein powder, Orgain, but feel free to use whichever brand you like.
Chia Seed Cereal Meal Prep
If you’d like to double or triple this chia seed recipe, go for it! It’s easy to prep ahead so that you don’t have to wait 15 minutes for the seeds to plump up every morning.
- Protein: Choose a different flavor of protein powder for your chia cereal. Chocolate would also be yummy.
- Fruit: Swap the mixed berries for a different kind of fruit, like mango or pineapple.
More Chia Seed Recipes You’ll Love:
- Superfood Triple Berry Chia Pudding
- Raspberry Coconut Chia Pudding Pops
- Kale, Banana, Chia, Hemp Superfood Smoothie
- Coconut Lime Raspberry Chia Pudding
- Chia Watermelon Fresca
Protein Chia Seed Cereal
- 1 cup almond or any milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup berries like raspberries and blackberries
- Mix the milk and protein powder with a frother or in a blender.
- Stir in chia seeds and refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Top with berries and enjoy!