Air Fried Shishito Peppers
Air Fried Shishito Peppers come out charred and blistered with the air fryer, which uses much less oil! A squeeze of lemon over the top and they are delicious!
Air Fried Shishito Peppers
Blistered Shishito peppers are usually stir-fried in a wok or skillet. Since you’re using less oil in the air fryer, these are much healthier, less messy and so easy!
I love using my air fryer for veggies! I make everything from zucchini, to asparagus, broccoli and more. These peppers are always such a great treat.
Have you tried shishito peppers? I order them at one of my favorite restaurants all the time as an appetizer, but I also make them from scratch all the time, because they are so stinking easy! I buy them at Trader Joe’s, they come bagged but many farmers markets and supermarkets also carry them.
Less than ten (10) minutes to make, this easy recipe uses just 4 (four) ingredients – shishito peppers, olive oil, salt and lemon wedges for squeezing over the top. They come out charred and blistered on the edges, perfect as an appetizer or snack.
Are shishito peppers hot?
I often feel like I am playing Russian Roulette when I eat them because you never know what you’re going to get. Some are mild, some are really spicy, although milder than jalapeno peppers. Their flavor is mildly tingly and sweet with a hint of smokiness.
Are shishito peppers healthy?
Like all peppers, shishito peppers are packed with vitamins and minerals.
Why I love my air fryer:
- Food comes out so much crispier than it does in my oven.
- It takes only three minutes to preheat, it doesn’t heat up the kitchen.
- It’s safer and healthier than deep frying and it doesn’t smoke up the whole house.
- The air fryer has now replaced my oven on most weekdays and nights, whether making hard boiled eggs, whipping up a side dish, heating up leftovers, or making dinner.
In fact, I love it so much I partnered with Vremi to co-brand the Skinnytaste by Vremi Air Fryer (affil link) air fryer with improvements from the brand I previously owned with a larger basket, built-in presets to make life a bit easier, easy-to-clean PFOA-free nonstick coating, and of course, making it dishwasher safe.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Whole Chicken in the Air Fryer
- AF Asian Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Air Fryer Cajun Shrimp
- Chicken Chimichangas in the Air Fryer
Air Fryer Shishito Peppers
- 8 ounces shishito peppers, can be found at farmers markets, some grocery stores, and at Trader Joe’s
- extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Spritz the shishito peppers all over with olive oil.
- Preheat the air fryer 400F 3 minutes.
- Transfer to the air fryer and cook in one batch 400F 8 minutes, shaking the basket halfway until soft and slightly charred and blistered
- Sprinkle with salt and squeeze with lemon wedges, serve warm.
Photo credit: Jess Reilly