A simple yet elegant salad, easy enough to enjoy as a quick lunch or extravagant enough to make it to your holiday table. Each bite you take will give you a burst of flavor from the pomegranate arils.
I don’t get tired of eating pomegranates, they are in season October to February here in the states, so I try to enjoy the fresh fruit every chance I get. While visiting POM Wonderful’s harvest tour in Fresno recently, pistachio trees grew adjacent to the pomegranate trees, and I wanted to incorporate the two into this salad to compliment the sweet, tart flavor of the pomegranates, the creamy texture of the blue cheese, as well as the peppery taste of the arugula.
Arugula with Pomegranates, Blue Cheese and Pistachios
- 4 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils from POM Wonderful
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp pistachios shelled
- Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp POM Wonderful pomegranate juice
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- Whisk vinegar, pomegranate juice, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place arugula on two plates, top with blue cheese, pomegranates, pistachios and vinaigrette.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.