Cranberry sauce is a must on my holiday table for Thanksgiving. This simple cranberry sauce is sweetened with pineapples to reduce the amount sugar of added. The perfect combination of sweet and tart. Even non-cranberry eaters would like this. Serve this with turkey, or it’s even great with pork. Make this the night before!
- 8 oz fresh cranberries
- 20 oz can pineapple in pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup sugar, or agave
- Drain liquid from pineapples into a measuring cup. Add water so that you have a total of 1 cup liquid. Add to sauce pan with sugar and bring to a boil.
- Place cranberries in a food processor or chopper and chop fine.
- Add to pan and stir well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thick (about 10 minutes).
- Place pineapple in a food processor and chop. Add crushed pineapples to cranberry sauce and cook one more minute.
- Allow to cool then place in a covered container and refrigerate overnight.