Cranberry sauce is a must on my holiday table for Thanksgiving. This simple sauce is sweetened with pineapples to reduce the amount sugar of added.
The perfect combination of sweet and tart. Even non-cranberry eaters would like this. Serve this with turkey, or it’s even great with pork. Make this the night before!
You might also like my chunkier Cranberry Pear Sauce for the holidays where I use agave or honey instead of sugar. Or my slow cooker Cran- Pear Butter if you have extra fruit and is perfect for leftovers! I love using this the day after Thanksgiving on a turkey leftover sandwich.
- 8 oz fresh cranberries
- 20 oz can pineapple in pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup sugar, or agave
- Drain liquid from pineapples into a measuring cup. Add water so that you have a total of 1 cup liquid. Add to sauce pan with sugar and bring to a boil.
- Place cranberries in a food processor or chopper and chop fine.
- Add to pan and stir well.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thick (about 10 minutes).
- Place pineapple in a food processor and chop. Add crushed pineapples to cranberry sauce and cook one more minute.
- Allow to cool then place in a covered container and refrigerate overnight.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.