Slow Cooker Cranberry Pear Butter
Sweet Autumn pears compliment tart cranberries in this wonderful spread, perfect for Thanksgiving, Friendsgiving or anytime you want to add a little sweet-tartness to your meal.
Fruit spreads can be such a lovely compliment to your meal, a other favorites are Crock Pot Applesauce, Cranberry Pear Sauce, Slow Cooker Apple Butter, and Pumpkin Butter.I especially love it with turkey or on a roasted turkey breast sandwich. Pictured below I served this with turkey on a whole wheat baguette with some broccoli sprouts – delicious.
And since so many are asking, although I have and love my Instant Pot, I still love my slow cooker! I have the 6 Quart Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker (affil link). I love it because you can adjust the time you want it to cook, and it automatically turns to warm when it’s done. It also has a probe for meat that automatically shuts off when done. I hated my old crock pot, it burnt everything and my food had a weird taste. This slow cooker is so great, I actually own several!
Slow Cooker Cranberry-Pear Butter
- 5 oz cranberries, 1 generous cup
- 36 oz 7 large pears, peeled cored, and sliced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch ground cloves
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, unpacked
- zest of one orange
- Combine all the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for two hours, until the pears are tender.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the mixture until smooth.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 4 hours or more until very thick, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the pear butter to an air tight container, cover, and refrigerate overnight.