I grew up eating in my mother’s luncheonette and my favorite way she prepared my eggs were poached. This is a healthy option since no fat is added when cooking. The easiest way to make this is with an egg poacher, but you can easily make them without as I did here following these simple steps.
My mantra is cooking doesn’t have to be complicated, if you use quality ingredients, you will achieve great results. I prefer to cook with whatever fresh vegetables are in season and I keep my kitchen stocked with good olive oils, cheeses and spices.
Steamed Asparagus with Poached Eggs
- Steam asparagus until tender-crisp, then run under cool water for a few seconds to stop the cooking.
- Drain and divide asparagus between four plates.
- Poach eggs in an egg poacher or following these steps for poaching eggs without one.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and place each egg on top of each plate of asparagus.
- Top with freshly grated salt, pepper and Parmigiano Reggiano. Enjoy!!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.