My favorite appetizer when I go to a local Italian spot near me is the beef carpaccio. Thin sliced raw beef, arugula and shaved Asiago. Here I used rare roast beef and made a lemon vinaigrette. My husband loved it! You can serve this as an appetizer for four or have it as a lunch for two. For a vegetarian option see Zucchini Carpaccio.
- 1/4 lb rare roast beef, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1.5 cups baby arugula
- .25 oz shaved Asiago or Parmesan Cheese
- Whisk lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Lay the roast beef over a plate.
- Add half of the vinaigrette to the roast beef.
- Top with arugula, salt, pepper, remaining vinaigrette and shaved Asiago.
- Serve immediately.