This light 5-ingredient zucchini carpaccio salad is this perfect summer side dish. You can serve this as an appetizer, side dish or even as a light lunch for 2.
This recipe is from the archives first posted back in 2009, since it needed new photos and zucchini season is in full swing is in season, I decided to make this and have it for lunch today. I remember when I first posted this recipe back in 2009, I brought it to a party and everyone love it. Although the ingredients are simple, it’s really quite delicious.
- 2 medium zucchini, ends cut off and sliced 1/16th with mandolin
- 1/2 lemon
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt, to taste and fresh black pepper
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan
- Combine oil and lemon juice. Place a layer of zucchini to cover the bottom of a platter. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil and lemon juice.
- Repeat layering zucchini, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice until all zucchini is used up. Let marinade for at least 10 minutes.
- Right before serving, top with fresh arugula, shaved Parmesan and serve.